2017 Parade Award Winners!!
- Best Appearing Vehicle/Tractor – Antique: Graphics North Signs & Outdoor Lighting
- Best Appearing Vehicle/Tractor – Non-Antique: Chuck Timbrook
- Best Appearing Community – Performing: Kevin Owens (Magician)
- Best Appearing Community – Non-Performing: John & Judy Hall
- Best Appearing Fire/EMS: Allen Baldwin
- Best Appearing Float: Middletown Christmas Parade Committee
- Most Patriotic: The Camp of Good Faith Church
- Judges Award for Best Overall: Wrong Turn Trail RidersTrophies can be picked up at the Middletown Town Office, located at 7735 Main Street.Thank you to all of our participants. We had a great turnout and a fantastic parade!! We hope to see you again next year!We will be posting photos all week from the event on our Facebook page from both Kimberly Needles Photography and from our committee.
The Middletown Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company is proud to be hosting the Annual Town of Middletown’s 4th of July Parade again this year.
The parade will be held on Tuesday, July 4, 2017, at 5 pm
Parade Entry Forms
To enter the parade, please complete the appropriate entry form below by the designated deadline.
Participants should also be sure to review the Participant Information Sheet prior to arriving at line up, which contains information regarding rules, judging, awards, announcements, etc.
- Online Parade Entry Form – DEADLINE: Noon on July 3
- Printer-friendly Entry Form
Paper forms are due to the committee by July 1 or should be presented at line up between 3 pm and 4:40 pm at Lord Fairfax Community College.
- Dignitary Entry Form – DEADLINE: July 1
Dignitaries should complete the Dignitary Entry Form and return it via email by July 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4th of July Event page
Join us here as we Facebook Live! throughout the day!!
- If you wish to give candy or handouts, please walk along the roadsides and hand it out. Nothing is to be thrown from vehicles.
- We also ask that you please do not use excessive sirens, air horns, etc.
- It is important that you keep your unit in motion at all times. No gaps and no stopping to perform other than at the judges’ stand located in front of the fire station (maximum time 2 minutes to perform).
- Animal entries are required to supply their own “pooper scoopers” or waste management. They must be used at staging area, during the parade and at the end.
- Due to space and safety issues the use of tractor-trailers will not be permitted on side streets or Church Street.
- Please help us keep our parade safe! The parade committee has the right to deny entry into the parade due to late entry or an entry that might be offensive or deemed inappropriate or unsafe.
Preston Smith, outside linebaker for the Washington Redskins, to serve as grand marshal of the parade
Announcers & DJ
We’re excited to have our friends Barry Lee & Lisa Herndon from WINC FM announcing our parade this year. We want to thank WINC FM for being a sponsor for us!
We are also excited to have Hector Gutierrez providing music for us prior to the parade beginning. You can hear our announcers and the DJ around the fire station. They will be positioned in front of the fire station with the judges. The fire station is located on Main Street, between 2nd and 3rd Streets.
Parade Route & Parking
PARADE ROUTE: The parade route flows through the town of Middletown, beginning from the parking lot of Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC). From LFCC, the parade flows south on Main Street (Route 11), turns east on Fifth Street, north on Church Street and ends at First Street. The route is approximately one mile long.
PARKING: Those watching the parade should park only where it’s legal to park. You must obey all posted signage or you will be ticketed or towed. We ask that you also respect our citizens’ private property or you will be ticketed or towed.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: Unless there are storms in the area, the parade will be held rain or shine. We will make an announcement on-site if there are any delays (will delay for 30 minutes) or if the parade must be cancelled due to impending storms. We will also make an announcement on the event’s Facebook page and on the fire company’s Facebook page. Please keep an eye on the weather forecast/radar for the day. Our main goal is everyone’s safety.
Judging & Awards
Judging will occur from the Judges Stand in front of the fire station, located at 7855 Main Street between Second and Third Streets, and next to The Den & Gingerwolf Distillery.
The following is a list of award categories, however, the list is subject to change without notification.
- Best Appearing Vehicle/Tractor
- Best Appearing Community
- Non-performing – equestrian, organizations, churches, campaigns, civic groups, walking groups, businesses, beauty queens/honorary fire chiefs, etc.
- Performing – Cheer, dance, drill teams, bands
- Best Appearing Fire/EMS
- Best Appearing Float
- Most Patriotic
- Judges Award – Best Overall Entry
Contact Megan Bowers, Parade Director, at email@example.com by July 3.